Flu season is starting earlier than ever this year! Here are some natural ways to protect yourself and your loved ones from colds and the flu.
01. Treat a stuffy nose by irrigating it with strong acidic water using a bulb syringe. This helps to break up nasal congestion.
02. Stay warm and well-rested. Fighting a cold or flu is tough on your body, so give it the rest it deserves while you’re not feeling well.
03. Gargle with strong acidic water several times a day if you have a sore throat.
04. Drink lots of fluids to help break up congestion and prevent dehydration. Ionized alkaline water is best because it is full of antioxidants that can help your body tackle a cold. Ionized water is micro-clustered and is easily absorbed by the body.
05. Use a cool mist humidifier. Change the water daily and clean it with strong acidic water to keep the humidifier sanitized.
06. Use a menthol salve under your nose to help you breathe easier.
07. Blow your nose a lot to help get rid of all the mucus.
08. Sleep with extra pillows. Keeping your head elevated will help to relieve congestion.
09. Get your vitamin C . Oranges, lemons, strawberries, broccoli, spinach, bananas, blueberries and cauliflower are all high in vitamin C.
10. Take hot, steamy showers.Make sure you have a shower filter attached so you are not inhaling chlorine fumes.